To display sessions to speakers they are speaking at, admin should enable the menu “Sessions I’m speaking at” from under Website builder > Navigation. Once enabled, speakers should see this tab under their dashboard clicking on which would open the list of sessions they’re speaking at.
For letting potential speakers being able to submit abstracts, update their information and submit final papers, here’s the workflow:
Interested authors would go to Create account page to create an account.
Click on Login to log in to their dashboard using the login credentials for their newly created account.
Go to My abstracts and click on Submit abstract to submit the abstract
The abstract would then be assigned by the system itself (if enabled) or by a track chair to the respective reviewers
Once reviewers have reviewed the abstract, track chairs can accept or reject the abstract
If abstract status is changed to accepted, the system would assign the speaker role to the presenting author of this abstract (this option can be disabled to manually assign the speaker role to accepted authors)
- Speaker is automatically notified through email by the system about their abstract’s acceptance and the new speaker role attributed to them
The newly accepted speaker can now log in to the dashboard to update their profile for fields related to the speaker role (the speaker role fields start displaying once the speaker role is assigned to this contact)
Speaker can update the profile until the deadline (can be set from under Contacts > Settings)
If you have a multi-tier abstract submission process, you can also make speakers submit their final papers by creating a new submission type to be displayed only to accepted speakers
For more details on the speakers’ management workflow, please see the following tutorial:
To update speaker profile
Go to Contacts > Settings to set up a deadline for speakers to update their profile
*This step is only required if you have not created the registration form for speakers already.
1. Go to Form builder to create a form for Speakers by clicking on Add New Form button. Enter a name for the form viz. Speaker Registration and select “Speaker” role from the dropdown. Click on Save.
2. Add custom fields for speakers in the newly-created speaker registration form – these fields would only be displayed to speakers when registering from the speaker registration form or updating their profile from their dashboard. You can also copy existing fields in a different registration form, to the speaker registration form.
- Only mandatory fields are checked by the system for profile update. When all mandatory fields are filled, the system displays the Complete status for Update profile task.
- When the deadline is set for profile update, speakers can update their profile until that date. Once deadline is reached, the speaker fields in the profile become inactive.
- System notifies admin whenever a speaker has updated their profile.
To upload final papers
Speakers/presenters can submit their final papers from their dashboard.
1. Go to Submission Types and create a type called Final Presentation or anything you want to name it and set the start and end date for this submission type. See screenshot.
2. Go to Form builder > Abstract submission form and create a new file upload field if you want to allow speakers to upload files, and select the newly-created “Final presentation” submission type from the right section. Save the field. See screenshot.
Accepted presenters/speakers can now log in to their dashboard, go to My abstracts, click on the accepted abstract’s title to edit the abstract and select the final presentation from the Submission type dropdown. This will reload the page to display the presentation file upload fields which are under this submission type.
- System notifies admin whenever speaker updates the submission.
To allow speakers to add notes for sessions they are speaking at.
Go to Program builder > Settings to set deadline to allow speakers to add notes in sessions they’re speaking at.
- To add notes, speaker has to go to the tab “Sessions I’m speaking at” and click on a session to add notes.
- After the deadline is reached, speakers cannot add further notes. Every note submitted by the speaker is saved and displayed under that session in the program builder.
- System notifies admin whenever there is a note submitted by a speaker.
To add tasks under Speaker’s To-Do list.
Go to Tasks Manager and create these tasks for speakers. See the red-bordered button in the screenshot below.
1. Click on Add Task button
2. Enter task details
3. If you want to assign this task to all speakers, then select Assign to usertype (from under the Assign to dropdown) and select the “Speaker” role from the dropdown.
4. If you want to assign this task to some selected contacts only, select Assign to users and search and select users to whom you want to assign this task.
5. To send a notification about this task to all speakers or selected individuals, click on Notify users button.
Speakers can access their To-Do list from under their dashboard. Here’s a screenshot:
Here’s a screenshot of how the To-Do list looks like to the logged-in speaker.
- Currently, after completing a task, speakers have to mark it done their own. Tasks are not marked done automatically.
See the video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebFx5a2cwDU
Every attendee has a dashboard which he/she can access by logging in on your event website. When they register or purchase a ticket, the system sends them an email with login credentials to log in to the website and access their details.
In their dashboard, they can edit their registration details, submit abstracts, print and download invoices, enable their public profile, manage their event schedule, submit reviews for assigned abstracts (only available to reviewers) and more.
Update profile page
My Abstracts page – list abstracts that are submitted by the author and the Submit abstract button to submit new abstracts
Tickets & Invoices page – lists orders placed by the attendee for purchasing tickets and merchandises
My Schedule page – list sessions attendee has added to her personal schedule along with CE credits, if any.
To-Dos page – shows tasks details that are assigned to this attendee
Assigned abstracts page – displayed only to reviewers and lists abstracts that have been assigned to the logged-in reviewer
Using our Salesforce integration, you can let Dryfta automatically sync and export/update your contacts in your Dryfta platform to your Salesforce CRM. Here’re more details on what is possible with our Salesforce integration:
- Sync your Dryfta contacts to Salesforce contacts
- Sync your Dryfta attendees, speakers etc to Salesforce contacts
- Sync organizations in your Dryfta platform to Salesforce accounts
- Sync both contacts & accounts to Salesforce (Optional)
- Sync subscribers collected in your Dryfta platform to Salesforce Leads
- Enable triggers to add check-ins & payments by attendees as tasks in their Salesforce profile
Log in to your Salesforce account and set up a connected app by clicking on the Setup icon in the top-right navigation menu and select Setup.
- Go to App Manager under Apps
- Click on New Connected App and configure the following in respective sections:
In the Basic Information section:
Connect App Name: YourDryftaApp
API Name: This would automatically become ‘YourDryftaApp’
Contact Email: Enter your email address
In the API (Enable OAuth Settings) section:
Check Enable OAuth Settings
Callback URL: replace mydomain with your domain name: https://mydomain.dryfta.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_dryfta&view=subscribers&task=connectToSalesforce
Under Selected OAuth Scopes, select & add the following:
Select Access and manage your data (API)
Select Full access (full)
Select Perform requests on your behalf at any time (refresh token, offline access)
Once you’ve set up your app, you’ll be given a Consumer Key and a Consumer Secret for you app. Keep it safe!
- Log in to your Dryfta dashboard & go to Salesforce settings
- Enter Consumer Key and Consumer Secret of the Connected App in the setting fields
- Click on Connect button to connect with your Salesforce account
Once you have successfully connected your event with Salesforce, you can export subscribers and contacts to your Salesforce account.
- Under Map Users section, select from the Dryfta subscribers/users list whichever you want to export and a list type from Salesforce list i.e Contact or Lead to which you want to export the users. When you select contact from Salesforce list, you can select account for the contacts too
- Under Map attributes section, you can map Dryfta user fields/attributes with Salesforce fields. Mandatory fields shall be auto selected in Salesforce field list. You can map new fields by clicking on Add new attribute
- To enable automated syncing, check Auto Sync checkbox. (Auto sync exports new users to Salesforce and also updates the existing contacts/leads)
- Click on Sync to start syncing/updating your Dryfta contacts to Salesforce
You can also edit the active syncs you have created. To edit an existing sync, click on edit button, make your changes and update the sync.